- Family Notes
- Our Community
Suggestion Box Parent Survey
This Suggestion Box Survey has been created with the purpose of providing a space for us to continue to GROW as a campus. Your feedback and suggestions are important to us as we work to become the best school for our community. Please click the Suggestion Box above to fill out survey.
Possip Survey Results
Hi, YES PREP EAST END SECONDARY Community!
Thank you for sharing ideas through Possip! We’ve heard from 219 of you during the course of the year. We are seeing that 93% of you are happy or mostly happy with YES PREP EAST END SECONDARY.
We heard members in the school community share examples of praise, appreciation, and feedback or questions.
- Praise for teachers and how they support and motivate students
- Appreciation for a positive school environment
- Praise for responding to family member's feedback and ideas
- Requests for student-specific academic support
- Ideas and questions about building a positive school environment and ways the school is preventing fighting and bullying
- Questions about how to register and enroll other family members to YES Prep
We are taking all of your feedback and ideas into consideration for our future planning and follow-up. We hope to hear from you again on our next Possip Pulse Check!
Thanks again for sharing!
2023-2024 Lottery Assistance Office Hours
Please Follow us on our Social Media Platforms
You can access our social media accounts simply by clicking the Icons.
Announcement for Senior Families
The Class of 2023 are meeting and exceeding goals!
- 94% of Seniors have completed College Applications! (The highest in the district)
- 93% of Seniors have completed their FAFSA! (Top 3 in the district)
Huge Shout out to Ms. Esquivel, Ms. Tully, and Ms. Martinez for supporting all seniors for following up with students and supporting them 1:1 with these two big pieces of their College Process Application Journey. In result, we already have 36% of seniors accepted to College! We are looking forward to celebrating their acceptances through our first Bell Ringing Ceremony in December 😊. The first Bell Ringing Ceremony will happen the last week of December and will be live streamed through Facebook for families to watch.
77% of College Applications have been processed! College Counselors have been working hard getting all the documents ready to be sent off to Seniors Colleges and Universities. Parents, please check-in with your student to see if all their applications have been submitted and processed.
Also, check-in with your Senior to make sure they have completed the FAFSA and submitted signatures.
Contact: Ms. Trejo, Director of College Counseling at email@example.com, or text/call 281-732-7974
- MS/HS Track Tryouts - December 13th and 14th from 4:15pm - 5:30pm
- Middle School Girls and Boys Soccer Tryouts - January 4th and 5th form 4:15pm - 5:30p
Follow the East End Athletics Team on Instagram
You want East End Swag?
Click linked image below
We are excited to announce our ACE program for your student to participate, they need to be fully registered in our ACE program. The ACE registration forms are available at the Front Office for you to fill out. If you have any questions about our ACE program, please contact Mr. Edgar Medrano at Edgar.Medrano@yesprep.org or (713) 842-5456.
Late to School
- Students are considered late if they arrive after 8:30 A.M.
- Students will earn a "Late to School" demerit each time they are late.
- After a student has been late to school 3 times, they will earn an additional consequence.
- To ensure the safety and security of students, staff, and families, early pick up ends at 3:00PM. Parents/Guardians must show a valid ID and sign the student out at the front office.
- We will NOT release students to anyone not listed on the student's profile or who does not have a valid ID.
- If you need to sign your student out early, be advised they will be marked absent for any classes they miss, and an excuse note is required upon their return.
Food or Item Drop-Off
- Front office staff will NOT interrupt classroom instruction to notify your student or call them to the front office.
- Students are responsible for picking up food/items left at the front office.
- Students may not share food with others at any time unless given permission by campus leaders.
- Only parents/guardians/emergency contact are allowed to drop off food. No food delivery services are allowed.
- If your student is absent, notify Ms. Salazar @ Oneida.Salazar@yesprep.org or 713-967-7870 to confirm the absence.
- Excuse notes need to be received within 48 hours of the absence.
- Only three (3) handwritten excuse notes will be accepted per six-week grading period.
- No student may leave campus during school hours for any reason without prior approval in writing from the student’s parent or guardian. Verbal approval will not be accepted.
- Students are NOT permitted to call home to be picked up, student MUST first go see the school Nurse. Our Nurse will then call home if student needs to be picked up. The remainder of the day will count as an excused absence.
Student Assistance Forms
We know that you may have some needs that arise as a parent, guardian, or student. You can receive direct help by submitting a “Student Assistance Form” or, a SAF. To communicate any support needs you may have, please click on the SAF link on the district website or use the QR code below. A campus Student Support Counselor will follow-up with you to determine the best way to get your need met. SAFs can be submitted for:
- Urgent family concerns
- Family or student supplies or resources needed for school (i.e. uniforms, calculator, books, food)
- Student social and emotional concerns
- Student home or family concerns
- Student relationship concerns
- Concerns about harassment, race, or equity
Box Tops Fundraising
- Family Notes