- Family Notes
- Our Community
YES PREP East End ACE Program
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING IN AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES?
- Academic Assistance
- Enrichment Activities
- College & Workforce Readiness
- Family & Parental Engagement
Bring a Parent/Guardian and learn how you can sign up for the ACE Program.
INFORMATIONAL & SIGN-UP MEETING:
- When: January 25, 2023
- Time: 5:15pm – 6:15pm
- Where: Cafeteria
- Contact: Mr. Medrano for more Information
- Phone: (713) 842-5456
- Email: Edgar.Medrano@yesprep.org
Suggestion Box Parent Survey
This Suggestion Box Survey has been created with the purpose of providing a space for us to continue to GROW as a campus. Your feedback and suggestions are important to us as we work to become the best school for our community. Please click the Suggestion Box above to fill out survey.
Please Follow us on our Social Media Platforms
You can access our social media accounts simply by clicking the Icons.
Athletics Practice & Game Schedule
Congratulations to our Middle School boys and girls for making the 2023 team!
Follow the East End Athletics Team on Instagram
Do you want East End Swag?
Click linked image below
We are excited to announce our ACE program for your student to participate, they need to be fully registered in our ACE program. The ACE registration forms are available at the Front Office for you to fill out. If you have any questions about our ACE program, please contact Mr. Edgar Medrano at Edgar.Medrano@yesprep.org or (713) 842-5456.
- To ensure the safety and security of students, staff, and families, early pick up ends at 3:00PM. Parents/Guardians must show a valid ID and sign the student out at the front office.
- We will NOT release students to anyone not listed on the student's profile or who does not have a valid ID.
- If you need to sign your student out early, be advised they will be marked absent for any classes they miss, and an excuse note is required upon their return.
Every Minute Counts
Every minute counts when it comes to growing our Explorers and ensuring they achieve their fullest potential. To maximize student attendance, we need your help. It is imperative for students to attend school every day. We understand that illness is beyond your control; however, we want to make sure our Explorers are present all other days. The same applies to students who consistently arrive late or leave early. They are missing important foundational knowledge.
Excused Absences & Submission of Notes
Families are now able to upload student absences and excuse notes into Skyward for approval. Please review this video that details the process.
YES Prep Public Schools defines excused absences as absences due to one or more of the following:
- Medical/dental-related, including appointments
- Bereavement/Funeral for immediate family members
- Absences related to the legal system
- Religious Observances
- Any other absence that is protected under State or Federal law.
What to do if your child is absent.
- If your student is absent, notify Ms. Salazar @ Oneida.Salazar@yesprep.org or 713-967-7870 to confirm the absence.
- Excuse notes need to be received within 48 hours of the absence.
- Only three (3) handwritten excuse notes will be accepted per six-week grading period.
- No student may leave campus during school hours for any reason without prior approval in writing from the student’s parent or guardian. Verbal approval will not be accepted.
- Students are NOT permitted to call home to be picked up, student MUST first go see the school Nurse. Our Nurse will then call home if student needs to be picked up. The remainder of the day will count as an excused absence.
Late to School
- Students are considered late if they arrive after 8:30 A.M.
- Students will earn a "Late to School" demerit each time they are late.
- After a student has been late to school 3 times, they will earn an additional consequence.
Food or Item Drop-Off
- Front office staff will NOT interrupt classroom instruction to notify your student or call them to the front office.
- Students are responsible for picking up food/items left at the front office.
- Students may not share food with others at any time unless given permission by campus leaders.
- Only parents/guardians/emergency contact are allowed to drop off food. No food delivery services are allowed.
Student Assistance Forms
We know that you may have some needs that arise as a parent, guardian, or student. You can receive direct help by submitting a “Student Assistance Form” or, a SAF. To communicate any support needs you may have, please click on the SAF link on the district website or use the QR code below. A campus Student Support Counselor will follow-up with you to determine the best way to get your need met. SAFs can be submitted for:
- Urgent family concerns
- Family or student supplies or resources needed for school (i.e. uniforms, calculator, books, food)
- Student social and emotional concerns
- Student home or family concerns
- Student relationship concerns
- Concerns about harassment, race, or equity
Box Tops Fundraising
- Family Notes