- Family Notes
- Our Community
21-22 Federal Report Cards & School Report Cards
Parents can now access the Federal & School Report Cards using either of the following methods:
Visit the YES Prep website:
Schools webpage (click on your campus, click on “For Parents”, then click on “Compliance Notices”)
Visit the Texas Education Agency’s website:
You can follow the instructions on either English or Spanish letters linked bellow.
Federal Report Card
School Report Card
Greece & Italy Trip (Summer 2024) Parent Interest Meeting
East End is going on a trip to Greece and Italy in Summer 2024. Learn more about this exciting opportunity at our interest meeting on March 8. Please RSVP using the link below.
RSVP Link: https://bit.ly/3HnclJx
- When : March 8th
- Time: 5:30pm
- Where: East End cafeteria
If you have any questions, please reach out to Sean Little, Sean.Little@yesprep.org
Refer a Family & Get Rewarded
Suggestion Box Parent Survey
This Suggestion Box Survey has been created with the purpose of providing a space for us to continue to GROW as a campus. Your feedback and suggestions are important to us as we work to become the best school for our community. Please click the Suggestion Box above to fill out survey.
Please Follow us on our Social Media Platforms
You can access our social media accounts simply by clicking the Icons.
Athletics Practice & Game Schedule
Athlete(s) of the Week
Follow the East End Athletics Team on Instagram
College counselors began advising juniors last week. We spoke to the students about their goals surrounding their GPA and SAT scores, what they plan to do after high school graduation, and their college list that they have been building in Junior Seminar. It was rewarding to hear the students' ambitions and the vision they have for their future. Feel free to ask your student about their college list and why they have the schools they do on their list!
We are excited to announce our ACE program for your student to participate, they need to be fully registered in our ACE program. The ACE registration forms are available at the Front Office for you to fill out. If you have any questions about our ACE program, please contact Mr. Edgar Medrano at Edgar.Medrano@yesprep.org or (713) 842-5456.
- To ensure the safety and security of students, staff, and families, early pick up ends at 3:00PM. Parents/Guardians must show a valid ID and sign the student out at the front office.
- We will NOT release students to anyone not listed on the student's profile or who does not have a valid ID.
- If you need to sign your student out early, be advised they will be marked absent for any classes they miss, and an excuse note is required upon their return.
Every Minute Counts
Every minute counts when it comes to growing our Explorers and ensuring they achieve their fullest potential. To maximize student attendance, we need your help. It is imperative for students to attend school every day. We understand that illness is beyond your control; however, we want to make sure our Explorers are present all other days. The same applies to students who consistently arrive late or leave early. They are missing important foundational knowledge.
Excused Absences & Submission of Notes
Families are now able to upload student absences and excuse notes into Skyward for approval. Please review this video that details the process.
YES Prep Public Schools defines excused absences as absences due to one or more of the following:
- Medical/dental-related, including appointments
- Bereavement/Funeral for immediate family members
- Absences related to the legal system
- Religious Observances
- Any other absence that is protected under State or Federal law.
What to do if your child is absent.
- If your student is absent, notify Ms. Salazar @ Oneida.Salazar@yesprep.org or 713-967-7870 to confirm the absence.
- Excuse notes need to be received within 48 hours of the absence.
- Only three (3) handwritten excuse notes will be accepted per six-week grading period.
- No student may leave campus during school hours for any reason without prior approval in writing from the student’s parent or guardian. Verbal approval will not be accepted.
- Students are NOT permitted to call home to be picked up, student MUST first go see the school Nurse. Our Nurse will then call home if student needs to be picked up. The remainder of the day will count as an excused absence.
Late to School
- Students are considered late if they arrive after 8:30 A.M.
- Students will earn a "Late to School" demerit each time they are late.
- After a student has been late to school 3 times, they will earn an additional consequence.
Food or Item Drop-Off
- Front office staff will NOT interrupt classroom instruction to notify your student or call them to the front office.
- Students are responsible for picking up food/items left at the front office.
- Students may not share food with others at any time unless given permission by campus leaders.
- Only parents/guardians/emergency contact are allowed to drop off food. No food delivery services are allowed.
To ensure the safety and security of our school, it is required that all students wear their Student IDs visibly throughout the school day. All students were given a student ID at the beginning of the school year and have been issued replacements when reported lost.
Please make sure your student comes to school wearing their ID every day. Teachers are checking that students are wearing them during 1st period. If students are not wearing them, they will receive a temporary ID sticker and issued a "No ID" Demerit. After 1st period, if a student is seen without an ID, they will be issued an Auto-Detention for removing their ID.
It is a student's responsibility to keep track of their ID. If a student needs a new ID or part of an ID, their account will be charged the following amounts.
- New ID card: $1
- New ID pouch: $1
- New ID lanyard: $1
- ID bundle (all 3): $3
If a student does not have the cash at the time of requesting the ID, the fees will be charged to the student's Skyward Account and will be due by the end of the school year.
Thank you for your support in keeping our school community safe by helping your student wear their IDs every day!
Student Assistance Forms
We know that you may have some needs that arise as a parent, guardian, or student. You can receive direct help by submitting a “Student Assistance Form” or, a SAF. To communicate any support needs you may have, please click on the SAF link on the district website or use the QR code below. A campus Student Support Counselor will follow-up with you to determine the best way to get your need met. SAFs can be submitted for:
- Urgent family concerns
- Family or student supplies or resources needed for school (i.e. uniforms, calculator, books, food)
- Student social and emotional concerns
- Student home or family concerns
- Student relationship concerns
- Concerns about harassment, race, or equity
- Family Notes