- Family Notes
- Our Community
Morning Drop-off Update
To ensure the safety of our Explorers we ask that students get dropped off at either our front or back entrance, these are marked on the map above with a red drop point. Please DO NOT drop off student across the street due to the high traffic at this time and for the safety of your child.
Teacher Pathway Survey
Each semester, families of our pre-K through 2nd-grade students and families of students in our YSTEP, SHINE, BASE, GLOW and SOAR programs receive a Teacher Pathway Family Survey. Families should have
received an email from Panorama Education with a survey link. The Teacher Pathway Family Survey is now open and will close on Sunday, April 23.
Your feedback is an invaluable component of reflection and development for your student's teacher. Thank you in advance!
To learn more, please visit yesprep.org/TeacherFamilySurvey
Refer a Family & Get Rewarded
Suggestion Box Parent Survey
This Suggestion Box Survey has been created with the purpose of providing a space for us to continue to GROW as a campus. Your feedback and suggestions are important to us as we work to become the best school for our community. Please click the Suggestion Box above to fill out survey.
Please Follow us on our Social Media Platforms
You can access our social media accounts simply by clicking the Icons.
Athletics Awards Banquet
Our annual Athletic Awards Banquet will be held May 19th starting at 5pm at Andy’s Golden Reception Hall!
Student Athletes (SA) need to pick up their RSVP form from their coach or in Mikkelson’s office. Each SA is allowed two immediate family members, and they must be listed on their form. If you choose to eat our Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo meal, then please list that on your RSVP form along with turning in the $13/per plate (cash only) to Mikkelson prior to May 1st (Deadline to pay for meal and RSVP).
You will not be able to pay for a meal the day of the banquet as we pay for the meals in advance hence the May 1st deadline.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at my office at 713-967-7933
We can’t wait to celebrate our teams, athletes and coaches! See you soon!
Athlete(s) of the Week
Thank you to our parents & staff who showed up to support our Varsity Soccer S23NIOR Night! The girls tied 1-1 with the boys earning a 6-1 Dubs over YES Prep Fifth Ward! The day was for our seniors and it was great to see them celebrated! Each team earned 2nd place in their district earning a spot in the HCAL Playoffs starting April 12th!
Coach Furlough took her MS/HS teams to Rice University on April 1st! Manuel Cruz broke our Shot-Put school record with a throw of 34'8" which was good enough to earn 2nd place overall and a trip to the HCAL State Track Meet! Berenice Lindero earned 2nd place in the 800M and 3rd place in the 1600M run which earned her a spot to run at our HCAL State Track Meet! The meet will be held April 15th at Rice University. Bring your sunscreen and come cheer Manuel and Berenice on!
Follow the East End Athletics Team on Instagram
We are excited to announce our ACE program for your student to participate, they need to be fully registered in our ACE program. The ACE registration forms are available at the Front Office for you to fill out. If you have any questions about our ACE program, please contact Mr. Edgar Medrano at Edgar.Medrano@yesprep.org or (713) 842-5456.
- To ensure the safety and security of students, staff, and families, early pick up ends at 3:00PM. Parents/Guardians must show a valid ID and sign the student out at the front office.
- We will NOT release students to anyone not listed on the student's profile or who does not have a valid ID.
- If you need to sign your student out early, be advised they will be marked absent for any classes they miss, and an excuse note is required upon their return.
Every Minute Counts
Every minute counts when it comes to growing our Explorers and ensuring they achieve their fullest potential. To maximize student attendance, we need your help. It is imperative for students to attend school every day. We understand that illness is beyond your control; however, we want to make sure our Explorers are present all other days. The same applies to students who consistently arrive late or leave early. They are missing important foundational knowledge.
Excused Absences & Submission of Notes
Families are now able to upload student absences and excuse notes into Skyward for approval. Please review this video that details the process.
YES Prep Public Schools defines excused absences as absences due to one or more of the following:
- Medical/dental-related, including appointments
- Bereavement/Funeral for immediate family members
- Absences related to the legal system
- Religious Observances
- Any other absence that is protected under State or Federal law.
What to do if your child is absent.
- If your student is absent, notify Ms. Salazar @ Oneida.Salazar@yesprep.org or 713-967-7870 to confirm the absence.
- Excuse notes need to be received within 48 hours of the absence.
- Only three (3) handwritten excuse notes will be accepted per six-week grading period.
- No student may leave campus during school hours for any reason without prior approval in writing from the student’s parent or guardian. Verbal approval will not be accepted.
- Students are NOT permitted to call home to be picked up, student MUST first go see the school Nurse. Our Nurse will then call home if student needs to be picked up. The remainder of the day will count as an excused absence.
Late to School
- Students are considered late if they arrive after 8:30 A.M.
- Students will earn a "Late to School" demerit each time they are late.
- After a student has been late to school 3 times, they will earn an additional consequence.
Food or Item Drop-Off
- Front office staff will NOT interrupt classroom instruction to notify your student or call them to the front office.
- Students are responsible for picking up food/items left at the front office.
- Students may not share food with others at any time unless given permission by campus leaders.
- Only parents/guardians/emergency contact are allowed to drop off food. No food delivery services are allowed.
To ensure the safety and security of our school, it is required that all students wear their Student IDs visibly throughout the school day. All students were given a student ID at the beginning of the school year and have been issued replacements when reported lost.
Please make sure your student comes to school wearing their ID every day. Teachers are checking that students are wearing them during 1st period. If students are not wearing them, they will receive a temporary ID sticker and issued a "No ID" Demerit. After 1st period, if a student is seen without an ID, they will be issued an Auto-Detention for removing their ID.
It is a student's responsibility to keep track of their ID. If a student needs a new ID or part of an ID, their account will be charged the following amounts.
- New ID card: $1
- New ID pouch: $1
- New ID lanyard: $1
- ID bundle (all 3): $3
If a student does not have the cash at the time of requesting the ID, the fees will be charged to the student's Skyward Account and will be due by the end of the school year.
Thank you for your support in keeping our school community safe by helping your student wear their IDs every day!
Student Assistance Forms
We know that you may have some needs that arise as a parent, guardian, or student. You can receive direct help by submitting a “Student Assistance Form” or, a SAF. To communicate any support needs you may have, please click on the SAF link on the district website or use the QR code below. A campus Student Support Counselor will follow-up with you to determine the best way to get your need met. SAFs can be submitted for:
- Urgent family concerns
- Family or student supplies or resources needed for school (i.e. uniforms, calculator, books, food)
- Student social and emotional concerns
- Student home or family concerns
- Student relationship concerns
- Concerns about harassment, race, or equity
- Family Notes